Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Whatever Wednesdays: Impromptu Parties

The roommates and I threw a successful Memorial day weekend party this past Sunday. Yay! We had about 20 friends stop by throughout the afternoon. It was the perfect weather for a quick dip in the pool and a delicious BBQ, which means most of the afternoon was spent sipping a few beers and enjoying salmon tacos and bratwurst. The consensus: Best BBQ food ever!



I can't explain how happy I am that everything went so well. I was really worried about the turnout considering how new I am to the area...this time around at least. But my friends--from VA to Baltimore--definitely showed their support in full force! Which means (of course) that I'm already starting to think about holding another party. Of course I am. From one event to the next, that's how I work. I am trying to learn how to linger a bit longer in the positive experience instead of just getting ready for the next one, BUT...here are a few thoughts to mull about in the meantime ;)


Cheese tasting party? Oh hell yes!

Amazing pesto and cheese bread for my next BBQ.

Naptown pub crawl 2011 needs a good breakfast option for the next day. Shown here: blueberry french toast.





Strawberry shortcake kebabs for the next BBQ.




Planning any summer parties this year?

Love,




PS. Photos courtesy of cheese party, pesto bread, french toast, and kebab.

No comments:

Post a Comment