Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Travel Tuesdays: Backyard Barbecue

My "roommates" (aka parents) and I decided last night to throw a low-key backyard BBQ for Memorial Day weekend. I'm hoping the turnout goes well, and, just like my comfort food house warming, I'm trying really hard not to overwhelm myself with minute details that ONLY I WILL NOTICE. (That was for my benefit, not yours.) So, I thought we'd travel to the backyard--it really can become quite a different place if you put a tiny bit of effort into it--for a few pictures of some of the summer entertaining things that I'm loving right now. Can't hurt to get some inspiration, right?


1. Love everything about this photo. It looks so fresh and easy.

2. Hilarious 1950s photo of a croquet BBQ. Love the nostalgia.




3. Sometimes it's not WHAT you serve but HOW you serve it.




4. Red, white, and blue for the Memorial Day weekend.




5. Wouldn't you just swoon over these cupcakes?!





6. Watermelon dispenser. I wonder how hard this one is, but I'm sure it'd be a show stopper.






7. Easy rosemary potato kebabs.



Also, stumbled upon this fab-u-lous Web site and wanted to share: http://www.hostessblog.com.


Love,




Photos courtesy of pinterest.com: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment