Monday, April 4, 2011

Everyday Inspiration: Santa Barbara

I love picking up decoration inspiration from everyday experiences. And this last trip up north with my friends, Suzie and Bonnie, was no different.


Two weekends ago, Suzie put together a girls' wine weekend to Oxnard and Santa Barbara. I'm working on putting together the photos from that trip, which was AWESOME! But in the meantime, I thought I'd put up a few snapshots of some interior inspiration that I caught on State Street in Santa Barbara. Just in time for Easter/spring!


Egg candles in a crate.

Felt puffball pussywillows.

This is hard to see because of the flash on the glass, but it was a really simple and cute feather necklace hanging on a leather string. I think I have all the ingredients to make this DIY necklace this weekend (excluding the feather, which I might just get at Michael's)!

I wish I could remember the name of this store. It had the best beautifully recycled goods I've seen to date. Re-used tires, chains, pop tops. Gotten any craft inspiration lately?


Also, side note, I've been obsessed with watching old seasons of Roswell lately. I ran out of Bones instant queue and thought that Roswell would be perfect for my upcoming cross-country road trip through New Mexico. And then I went to see Paul with my friend Ginny last night. I love me some aliens!! ;)

Phoning home,

No comments:

Post a Comment