Friday, July 20, 2012

Making It Mine

I decided that since I'm going to be staying in my current apartment for the next 10 months, I might as well make it feel and look like my home. So last night I started moving some things around, hanging pictures up, and just putting together a plan for how I want my place to be. Here's a shot of my day bed after my updates.
Day bed update.
Here's the before shot. I exchanged the duna for a crocheted blanket my grandma made me. I also FINALLY sewed the two pillows you see on either end. They're made from Ikea rugs and pillows; I think the entire project cost me around $10. I also moved my coffee table to the side (you can kind of see it off to the right). I'll need to pick up a lamp for over there. And I also want to get a floating shelf for over the bed. The script painting, which still isn't done, will be moved to the hallway. 

What do you think? It's starting to feel more like my home, which I love! And I'm trying not to spend much money on these changes, so I'm going to have to put my thinking cap to get creative. Anyway, I'm off to a concert that my friend is performing in tonight and a massage with my mom tomorrow. Happy Friday!

Love,
Stephanie Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment