Thursday, March 31, 2011

A New Beginning, A New Home: Change of Address

I have BIG news! I've decided to take a job back in Maryland! This means that I have about a month to get my butt back to the East Coast, which means I have two weeks to get packed up and ready to go. Yikes! I'm very excited for this opportunity. I really feel like it's what I need right now. And of course I'm sad to be leaving all of my friends and the great weather in San Diego. But, for now, it's off to Maryland. I've decided a few things. Making decisions has never been my forte, so I"m quite proud of myself for being able to get it together for this big move. Here are the decisions (in no particular order):

  1. I will be driving across country with my friends Kath and Michelle. There's really only room in the car for two (if that!) so we'll all be overlapping in Dallas for one night of fun!

  2. I will be renting out my condo as a vacation home.

  3. Haha that's it! I can only handle two decisions in one month ;)

So, that means I have to plan the cross-country trip, get my condo vacation rental ready, and see my friends as often as possible before I leave! Here's what I've done to the place so far. I'm going for less clutter and more beachy than when it was just for me. Let me know what you think! Entryway: A plant that takes little to no care (so I'm learning...this is my second orchid), books to read on vacation, and a few reusable grocery bags.


Bar: Not too much has changed here, but I weeded out the glasses I didn't want broken and added a water bucket and bar tools from Goodwill. The empty space on the left is going to be filled with a shaker when I find one. Please excuse the mess on the right; that's the "take to Maryland" pile :)



Dining Room: I drew this horse with a charcoal pencil the other night. I saw something like it in a magazine (which I didn't re-find until after I'd drawn it). I loved the magazine picture, but this is a bit too juvenile for me I think. So...I believe I will be replacing it with this:

Isn't she a beaut?! I found this painting at Goodwill for $35 (along with a trashcan for $3, lamp for $3, ice bucket for $6, bar tools for $3, and cutting board for $3). I left the store without the painting, and then re-parked my car and went back into get it. I just couldn't say no!
Would you want to vacation here?!


Love,

PS. If you haven't figured it out yet, my posts may or may not be a bit more sporadic due to all of the items on my to-do list. I have tons of posts coming, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment