Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Courage to Change

Why is it that I always want what I can't have? Today I REALLY want to have a little family. It seems like everything I'm reading/seeing/hearing today has to do with being married and in love and having a family. Harumph. I know it'll happen when it's supposed to happen, and that there are many reasons that I don't have a family right now, but dammit! I'm ready! Not to pop out a kid today, but, you know, like start down that road with someone who wants to share in the journey. I guess being newly alone has been hitting me hard this week. Boo! hiss!

So, instead of focusing on what I want but can't control, I'll try to focus on the things that I can make happen. Let's just start with making something happen today. And then tomorrow will be a new day.

Today, I will change my health. Today, I strive to hike for my physical health, read for my mental health, and watch TV for my emotional health ;)
Today, I will:


"God, give us grace to accept with serenity
the things that cannot be changed,
Courage to change the things
which should be changed,
and the Wisdom to distinguish
the one from the other."
~Niebuhr's Serenity Prayer

Love,

Photo courtesy of pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment