Monday, February 28, 2011

Home Dec-ROAR!

So I'm not much of a pat-myself-on-the-back kind of gal, but I just HAVE to share my achievement. Yesterday, in a half hour, I hung these shelves ALL BY MYSELF!!! This might seem like a small fete, but I've never really done anything like this before. I can use a drill, yes. I can paint and DIY, yes. But use anchors and drill holes and stuff? Ohhhhh hell no. But you know what? I don't have a man around the house anymore to do this sort of thing, so I have to grow and be the modern can-do woman. I am woman, hear me roar! I'm every woman! I will survive! Insert other woman-power song titles here ______ ;) (I bought the shelves for like $15 at Bed, Bath, and Beyond if you're interested.)

My dad would be so proud of how straight these shelves are. And, it was NOT easy to do.

On a slightly related note: I was watching "How I Met Your Mother" last night on my DVR and heard this great quote, "Sometimes things have to fall apart to make room for something else." I needed that, HIMYM. Thanks!



Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment