Thursday, May 5, 2011

Everyday Inspiration: San Juan Capistrano Antiques

Suzie and I drove up to San Juan Capistrano months ago, and I'm just now putting this up on the blog. Shame on me! I'll post the pictures from our travel for the next installment of Travel Tuesdays ;) In the meantime, I feel like it's time to get these babies up on the net!

We went for the swallows at the mission, but since it was raining we missed...well, the swallows. I guess swallows like the wet weather about as much as me. Since we stayed inside most of the day, we hit up the nearby antique mall for some inspiration for our condos.

The antique store was huge. Like over-the-top, I-need-a-snack-halfway-through huge. I'm so happy we made it through the whole thing because in the far corner was this little flea market area with designer ware. This one "store" had the cutest DIY decor ideas. Please send pics if you decide to make any of your own!



I love the idea of having a positive message tattooed to my mirror...or my scale ;)


Also, love the simplicity of the framed music in the upper left-hand corner of this pic. Imagine all the things you could do with this: music from your wedding, words from your favorite book.





This is so simple: Paint the lid from a left-over glass jar with chalkboard paint. You could use this in the kitchen for "flour," "sugar," and "rice," just to name a few options. I could see My Sweet Savannah just loving this one!




More music (with twine this time) wrapped around a simple candle. I just love the mix of the natural twine with the polished silver.





Wrapped plates. Chalkboard frame. What's not to love about highlighting the everyday?





LOOOOOVE the cow-covered seat.




The next two pics are from our window shopping at the store next to the antiques place. We both died over the mix of color and black and white. It's a bit hard to see through the glass, but these combos give such a great girly feeling to the rooms.








(Can you see my reflection in the photo? ;) )





Love,





Photos courtesy of me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment