Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday Musings: Weekend Warrior

I spent a fantastic weekend with my sister and her two babes this weekend in Stamford, Connecticut. Ever on the hunt for Stars Hollow, Jen, the girls, and I drove to nearby towns to walk around the main streets, check out the shops, and generally wear the girls out for their naps. It was lovely.



We visited downtown Stamford, Darien, and New Canaan, and by far my favorite was New Canaan. The houses around the area were old New Englandy types, the main street was bustling with energy, and the people were super friendly (doesn't hurt to tote around two adorable, matching little girls to get people to smile). The only thing New Canaan lacked, in my humble opinion, was a true bakery with things like homemade granola bars and loaves of bread. Oh well!


The girls are a joy to be around, but also exhausting. Visiting wore me out...I can't even imagine living with them full-time! Go Jen and Lou for being super twin parents!!! So, when the babes went down for sleep, Jen and I (Lou was away for a boys' weekend) brought out the adult beverages and spent a great amount of time catching up.


It's so lovely to live close to my family. It makes it so much more apparent that California was just too far away to miss all of this. Oh, the crazy things we do in our youth, eh? ;)


Overall, it was a fabulous weekend spent with one of my favorite people in the world, and I can't wait until the next time that I see them all.


Unfortunately, leaving Connecticut and coming back to Maryland was a bit overwhelming. Real life--car troubles, friend concerns, money problems--hit me in the face full force. I can safely say, even after all the stress that went into getting my condo ready to rent and packing all the crap in my car, this is definitely the worst part about moving. I feel completely helpless sometimes with how unsure I feel about my new "old" life. Will my job work out? Will my social life fall into place? Will I be able to get a new car AND move into an apartment? Will I start dating soon? It makes a person go a little nutty after a while. Luckily, though, I have a mom who is willing to listen to my concerns, and know when it's time to put aside the real-life topics to drink wine.


Man, my family rocks!


Happy Monday :)



Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment