Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Hair DO: Side Pony Braid

I think I have finally figured out how to make the side ponytail work for me. It is one of the easiest looks for me to do at work since I frequently do not blow dry my hair during the weekdays because I work out after work, wash my hair at night, and let it dry while I sleep. And then in the mornings, the last thing I want to do is get up early to curl or straighten my hair. That extra 15 minutes of sleep is PRICELESS :) So, usually I wake up and try to figure something to do with that day's waves or wisps or whatever. And since I look better with my hair down (trust me, a gay guy once told me so), I've been trying to figure out how to do pony tails that are easy and flattering. Welcome to the side pony braid, my friends! 

View from the back. Will use a bobby pin next time.
This holds in the hair that's not long enough to stay in the side-swept elastic, but has the same look. I love it! I just started with a slight side part, french braided my hair starting on one side (it works much better if you braid your hair With your hands behind rather than in front of your head. I just kept braiding until I had all of the bottom layers in the braid, then swooped the rest together, and called it a day. What do you think?!
View from the front!
Do you have any hair-down style suggestion?

Love,
Stephanie Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment