Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Comes Early This Year!


Our family Christmas celebration is happening this weekend! And now that my shopping is done, I can get into the spirit!

My sister, her husband, and the twins are coming in on Friday and staying until Sunday. We're going to keep up with all the Christmas traditions...even though it's not really Christmas. I don't think anyone will mind :) For our family, that means grandma's onion dip, a family cocktail, Bishop bread in the morning, opening one gift at a time, tossing balls of wrapping paper into the trashcan basketball "hoop," and Christmas music. I can't wait!

For dinner we're having beef cooked on the rotisserie. My mom uses the rotisserie cooker once a year. Too funny. But that beef is GOOD. I'm going to try to put something like this candle holder together for the decor. I think it will match our green glass plates and red table cloth.

To make this candle holder: Add greenery to the bottom of a jar, drop in a few handfuls of cranberries, and add water. The cranberries and a candle will float to the top. Isn't it gorgeous and festive?

Love,
Stephanie Marie

Photo courtesy of pinterest.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I read about this idea on a bag of cranberries and thought you would love it for Christmas! I forgot to tell you, but I'm so glad you found this pic! Can't wait to see it (and you!) in person:)

    ReplyDelete