Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Footloose and Fancy Free?

Oh, Footloose, how I love thee. It's really hard for me to imagine how the 80s version of this (starring so many great people) could get any better, but this year's Footloose remake is sparking a debate about the whole 80s remake trend.

I know that the 80s fashion has come back in full force, but don't you think it's a little too early to start talking about a Beetlejuice remake? That's a true story, by the way, so you'll need to wrap your head around that one whether you like it or not. Or how about another one of my all-time favorites, the Princess Bride? Luckily, that one might go the way of Andre the Giant (RIP), but several other classics might not be so lucky. Adventures in Babysitting, Short Circuit, and Porkys are just a few of those up for the new generation.

I'm having quite the internal debate about all of these remakes. One one hand, they make me sad to think that my friends (yes, Ariel is a dear friend of mine) are being replaced. But on the other hand, I'm kind of looking forward to the cleaner screen shots, cooler dance moves, and bitchin updates. Yah, I said bitchin :)

Are these remakes something you can get behind?

Love,
Stephanie Marie

If you've never heard of any of the previously mentioned movies, get yourself onto your Netflix queue (if you still have Netflix, that is) and have yourself a very merry 80s session.

No comments:

Post a Comment