October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and today is a h-o-t day for boobies! I think at this point, breast cancer has affected everyone in this country in some way or another. "About 1 in 8 women in the United States (12%) will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime," according to breastcancer.org. I think that it's up to each of us to fight this disease.
Top 5 reasons you should focus on saving the ta-tas TODAY:
5. Tory Burch's limited edition Eddie Ballet Flat. 15% of the proceeds go toward The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Unfortunately, with a price tag like $178 these flats might just do that...fall flat.
4. Bobbi Brown's Pink Ribbon Collection. For each purchase, $10 will go toward The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. At $44 for lip gloss, it's not a bad deal.
3. Save the Ta-Tas t-shirts. I love it when a cause can get well-designed shirts, and these designs do just that. There's even a pink hair project for $0.99 on their site. Love!
2. Target's partnership with makeup artist, Sonia Kashuk. Again, 15% of the proceeds go twoard The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Although cheaper products mean less proceeds, these items (like makeup brushes and nail trios) are much easier on our pockets.
1. Five! Jennifer Aniston, Demi Moore, Alicia Keys, the lady behind "Wayne's World," and the lady behind "Monster" each directed one of the five shorts that will be shown on Lifetime tonight at 9p.m. Glamour did a writeup about the compilation in last month's issue, and I'm so excited to check it out!