Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Welcome to Charm City

 



I’m moving to Baltimore! Tonight is officially my last night at home with my mom (my dad is in Phoenix playing in a baseball tournament). We have plans to have dinner and craft every Sunday, and it is possible that I may move back in. Let’s be honest, I’ve used my parents’ home as a base my whole life, popping back in for a few months or years at a time in between jaunts around the world. But for now, I’m going to move in with my friends Michelle and Ray for some much-needed city time with my college girlfriends. 

I know Baltimore has a bad reputation for crime, grime, and glory (Ravens circa 2000 anyone?). And, although I can’t say I’ve seen The Wire, I’ve heard it’s a pretty honest depiction of some of Baltimore. But to me, Baltimore can be so much more than those crappy bits. It’s young and vibrant. It’s colorful and quirky. One neighborhood feels like a European port and another feels like a trip to the 50s. Although I don’t see myself living in Baltimore for the rest of my life, I’m excited to come back to a place where everybody knows my name but also where I can explore and investigate. Mysteries have always been my favorite :)

Here are a few of the things that I’m looking forward to exploring in Baltimore that I didn’t get to experience when I lived there for college:
Lexington Market
Baltimore Aquarium’s Australia exhibit
Ravens’ tailgating
Baltimore Zoo!
Patterson Park
The water taxi
Outdoor movies in Little Italy
Dangerous Pies

Every time I leave home it's sad. I get used to hanging out with my parents and getting to spend quality time with them; I'm grateful that we get along so well and that we've become friends as adults. But it's time for me to leave the nest...again. And try something a little out of my comfort zone. Hopefully this will be another step in the right direction to getting back to me.

Love,
Stephanie Marie

Photo courtesy of pinterest.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you! Add this to your list, as seen on food network:

    http://www.woodberrykitchen.com/

    The CMP dessert look a-ma-zing. Sounds boring on the menu, but ignore that. Love ya, hun:)

    ReplyDelete