Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Me Meal: Hola, Hot Stuff

I forgot to post this yesterday. It's another great MeMeal :) I followed (pretty closely) the directions from Hungry Girl. Unfortunately, I didn't have regular mayo so I used Miracle Whip (don't judge. If it was socially acceptable, I'd eat it straight out of the jar.) and instead of bran cereal I used tortilla crumbs. Oh, and I bought a slaw mix instead of the broccoli slaw in a bag. I think I like the texture better, but I had to pick out the green pepper chunks. E-w. Surprisingly, the MW tasted just fine, but something was seriously off with the tortilla chip crumbs. They didn't have any pizazz or crunch. Oh well. I'm going to have to research some other fried substitutes as well as how Rubios makes their corn tortillas taste so darn good. These were kind of card-board like: dry and absorbent. I'm really selling this one aren't I? ;) How about a close-up shot of the yummy goodness to turn you on?
These s'rimps, as my grandma used to call them, and their mixin's were quite tasty! A little tangy, a little crunchy, and a little spicy. And a heck of a lot healthier than anything I could have bought at a taco stand...not that Maryland really has those, but you get my point. Anyway, it was a fun and quick creation, and cooking is about learning and tweaking after all. I'll tweak the heck out of these guys next time!

Adios!

Love,
Stephanie Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment