Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Me Meals #2: Pasta and Meatballs

I really need to go grocery shopping. It's probably one of my least favorite things to do, which is why I'm always left with very little in my fridge/freezer/pantry. But you know what? My stomach does not know when I'm low on food. It still gets hungry. Go figure. So last night I was forced to get creative to appease the beast, as my friend Vienna calls hers. Having only a few things at my disposal really makes me the most creative in the kitchen. Grad school made me really creative; I never had food in the fridge ;) Anyway, what I did have was some pasta, sauce, and hamburgers. So what did I make? Pasta and meatballs!

Patty seasoned w/ cumin, red pepper flakes, and oregano.
This is such a quick thing to make, and you can really make only as much as you need. I think it's perfect for a Me Meal (new name...you like?). Just you for dinner? Just defrost one patty. Just a pair of you? Defrost two! Add seasonings to your liking, roll up into balls, and sear in a pot. I added my favorite sauce to the meatballs while the pasta was cooking and then just assembled everything when it was ready. (Make sure to check that your balls aren't red in the middle, if you know what I mean.)
The final product. Fresh parm on top.

If it was just a normal red sauce, I probably would have sauteed some onions and garlic first and then added the meatballs and sauce. Sort of make a semi-homemade pasta sauce. But I just love my Vodka sauce the way that it is :) And if I'd had any sort of vegetable in my fridge, I would have added that. I'm kind of bummed I didn't have any greenery in this. Even canned peas would have added another layer to the bowl. But it was still good. Simple and tasty. And my stomach was happy :) Enjoy!

Made any Me Meals lately that you want to share?

Love,
Stephanie Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment