Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Beach Blanket Bingo

Still feeling a bit under the weather...well, that phrase doesn't really work in this moment since it's 70 degrees outside today. How about: I'm feeling like the depths of winter. Either way, I'm still trying to get lots of sleep and drink lots of liquids and just lay low. I have a busy weekend coming up and I don't want to miss it!

To kick off the weekend a few of my friends are coming over for a pot-luck dinner. I'm having some issues with choosing what to make for dinner since one of my friends is recently gluten-free and I'd like to make something somewhat easy. So for the time being, I'm choosing to ignore the food part and focus on the dining part.

Since I only have two chairs at my dining room counter, we're going to be eating Mediterranean style around the coffee table. I'm actually kind of excited for that. Makes things a little more interesting. And it'll give me a decorating point to start from. Not that I'll be doing much decorating, but I DO need to go buy silverware and maybe some floor cushions or rugs.

Let's take this for inspiration, shall we?

 

I dream of living in a lake house one summer with my computer perched inside an open window, hot tea steaming on the ledge, and an endless supply of nature views and board games. Food on the beach (with my hands!) would just top it all off!

Do you have a dream/happy place like mine?

Love,
Stephanie Marie

Photo courtesy of pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment