Thursday, March 8, 2012

Weeknight Surprises

Yesterday was a busy busy day, but it was such an amazingly unexpectedly surprising day too! After work, I headed to Bethesda, Md., to visit with my friend Vienna and her parents for a little bit (meaning like an hour). I wasn't expecting to get to see them since they're only here for two days on their way to Charlotte, NC, and it didn't seem like it was going to work, but alas! It worked! We caught up over some wine, salad, and sauteed calamari. It was lovely. And you know what else is lovely, visiting a new neighborhood! That's what :) I'm sure I've been to Bethesda EVER, but I couldn't tell you the last time I was there and I certainly didn't see Bethesda Row, which is the most adorable pedestrian square with streets and lights and ahhhh. It was like Europe and I loved it! I'll be going back for dinner I assure you. I also loved visiting with friends and their families who I haven't seen since college.
On the way back up to Baltimore for a friend's business open house, I saw a huge flock of birds flying over 95. If this isn't an indication that spring is coming, then I don't know what is! Side note: I love birds.
To top this day off, as soon as I parked my car and touched up my makeup, I walked over to meet up with Michelle and Amy to head to the open house. And guess what I saw when we got there? You'll never guess so I'll just tell you. As we were getting a tour through the tie-making factory, I spied with my little eyes a SOUTH RIVER HIGH SCHOOL tie! OMG. Can you believe the odds of me a. going to that party b. getting a tour and c. going to SRHS? So crazy. I don't wear ties, but I want one of those for sure. Too funny, right? 

Like I said, it was an amazingly unexpectedly surprising day :) I expect today to be much more predictable. I have to stop off at Ikea for some silverware and pillows for my dinner party tomorrow evening. I'm quite looking forward to that trip. I love Ikea and I love having a reason to shop...which is really the only reason I let myself shop (one of these days I'm going to go crazy and have a shopping spree just because! GASP!). Then I'll head home, clean up the clothes strewn about, vacuum the month worth of dirt, and do my week's dishes. Having zero energy means doing zero chores. 

Hope you're having a lovely week! 

Love,
Stephanie Chizik

No comments:

Post a Comment