Friday, February 10, 2012

Ahead, Aback, Afoot, A Butt?

I went shopping on my way home from work yesterday to pick up a few things that I realized I'd need for one of my best friend's visit next weekend. I know she doesn't care how things look or what I still need (ehem, cleaning supplies, forks, knives, etc.). But I had a feeling she would notice if she didn't have sheets on her bed or a towel to use to shower. I'd been borrowing towels from Michelle and using my duvet cover as a sheet. So yesterday, I picked up two full sets of sheets--sized for twin beds since I'm 10 and have a trundle ;)--, two bath towels, two washcloths, and some cute paper thingie. All for $65. Holler!

I came home, washed everything, and made my bed for the first time in over a month. Um, can we talk about how amazing sheets are?! So underrated :) Then I hung up my calendars and two pictures, made dinner, and finished my puzzle. What's that phrase? Taking names and crossing them off? Taking names and checking them twice? WHAT IS THAT PHRASE?

Even if I move at the pace of a turtle in a headwind (as my rowing coach used to say), I am moving forward. Onward and upward, my friends :)
Happy Friday!

Love,
Stephanie Marie

Photo courtesy of pinterest.

1 comment:

  1. It's so nice to get grown-up stuff. It really gives you a sense of accomplishment!

    PS I totally stole that picture.

    ReplyDelete