Tuesday, February 28, 2012

French Foodies

The end of our fabulous Brooklyn weekend ended with food, of course. All of us are foodies. Maybe that's one of the reasons we all get along so well: a deep appreciation for all things sweet and salty :) Based off of Kath's roommate's recommendation, Michelle, Kath, Jenny, and I headed up to St. Germain for one last meal together. The place was adorable. It was very eclectically decorated and the food was amazing. I went way off course with a roasted veggie and goat cheese sandwich. Honestly, tell me that you're smothering anything in goat cheese and I'm on board! I'll let the photos speak for the food and decor. Gotta love the French inspiration!
Michelle and Kath, and the necklace Kath gave all of us :)
Me and Jenny. We like stripes.
Wall art on the chair backs.
My veggie sandwich and delicious greens.
On our way out of the city, Michelle and I captured the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge, which we'd been gazing at all weekend. Luckily, even the $13 charge to get across the Verrazano couldn't mar my view! I really appreciate when a town has any sort of view, whether it's a view of a valley, the ocean, or, in this case, the bridge. Just gives you something off in the distance to wonder at while sipping a latte :)
Verrazano-Narrows Bridge from 3rd Ave.

At that, my friends, was a beautiful Brooklyn weekend! If you're in the area, you should definitely check it out! And even if you're not, it was only a three-hour trip for us to get home to Baltimore. Not too shabby, eh?

Done any local traveling that you loved?

Love,
Stephanie Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment