Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Drive Me Away

Continuing on the Oscar journey, I tried watching "Drive" last night. I'd been warned that it gets a bit gruesome, but I thought I'd give it a shot anyway since I already had the DVD in my possession. Anyway, I can't really recommend this to anyone since I didn't see the end of it. I got through about 45 minutes to an hour before all of a sudden the violence starts. So random. We're moving along at a snail's pace and then BAM! Some girl's head gets blown to pieces. I didn't mind that so much, but I can.not.handle. anything involving teeth. So when Ryan takes a hammer to this guy's mouth, I just lost it. Fail. I don't even know if he actually broke the guy's teeth. I didn't stay to watch. I just covered my eyes, pushed stop, and moved onto basic cable. "Big Bang Theory" is my happy place :)
 
I wish "Drive" had more of a "Too Fast Too Furious" feel, but it's definitely not. Ryan Gosling, though amazing to gaze at, is weird. He barely talks and wears 80s clothes although it's not set in the 80s. Weird. Here's the trailer, although it's straight from the first two minutes of the movie...doesn't really give a good indication of what it's about:
 
"Drive" was nominated in the Sound Editing category against "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo," "Hugo," "Transformers," and "War Horse." I'm going to venture to say "Drive" will not win.

Oh well. I still love you, boy (aka Ryan Gosling).

Love,
Stephanie Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment