Monday, February 13, 2012

Review of Josh Duhamel

I mean, of "Transformers"...

We are gathered here together today to thank the heavens that a man like Josh Duhamel exists in our crazy little world. O.M.G. He is like honey on a hot day. He's a fresh breeze on a lake. He's...well, you get the point. :) The order-anchovies-on-your-pizza guy, that British model who replaced what's-her-name (David's wife), and LeDuche...eh. But Duhamel? Wooee! Love me some of that haha 

I watched all two-and-a-half hours of the third "Transformers" movie Saturday night. I didn't mean to do it. I started watching when I got home from the scotch bar around 1230, but just got caught up in it. So I guess that's a good endorsement, huh? I don't think it needed to be that long, and I'm not sure there needs to be a fourth installment in the franchise, but I'll take it. I like a little action every now and again.
 

Here's my review: It's a bit slow as far as the story-line goes, but the action makes up for that. Shia LeBeof is just as annoying as ever and Josh Duhamel's character seemed to have a weird role this time around. Actually, everyone who returned from the previous movies (the parents, the crazy CIA guy, and Tyrese Gibson's character) all seemed a bit shallow this time. Maybe for the fourth one they won't just make cameos. But I loved the actual transformers, as always. Overall I recommend seeing it purely for entertainment value. Although make sure to carve out a good chunk of time! It's up for Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, and Visual Effects

I think I'm going to watch "Jane Eyre" next. Kind of the complete opposite end of the spectrum, but I missed "Downton Abbey" last night for the Grammys and I need a little British in my week. Anyway, that's what I did over the weekend...watched the longest movie EV.EH! 

Surprised about any of the wins from the Grammys?

Love,
Stephanie Marie

2 comments:

  1. It's a good adaptation of Jane Eyre! Not that I love Jane Eyre. She's certainly annoying with her admiration of that douche Rochester and strangely undisturbed by random people setting the house she lives in on fire. But all that aside, it was a good movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha good to know. It is a bizarre story, but a classic nonetheless.

      Delete