Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Gloomy Girl Movie

 
I watched "Jane Eyre" yesterday. Took me all day to get through it because it's a bit slow and dreary, but I made it through the wilderness! The visuals reminded me a lot of the latest "Pride and Prejudice," which was nice. But overall, it was oddly captivating AND boring at the same time. How is that possible? It's up for Costume Design against "Anonymous," "The Artist," "Hugo," and "W.E." Since I haven't seen any of those yet (clearly I'm not going to see as many as I had hoped before Sunday), I can't really pick a winner. However, since this is the only category it's up for (no Writing for Adapted Screenplay, Oscars?) and the director made a point to have everything time appropriate, I think it has a good chance. 

Next up is "Moneyball" and then "Hugo." I'm hoping they're a bit sunnier :)

Love,
Stephanie Marie

1 comment:

  1. I recently saw Moneyball. Wasn't crazy about it. I really thought it was only okay and a little long. I'll be anxious to hear what you say about both of them!

    ReplyDelete