Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Come Sail Away With ME!

I'm working from home today on a mandatory telework day (rando). It may sound glamorous and comfortable and easy, but it kind of sucks the big one. I'm stuck in the family room so I can hard-wire into the router. I got up late, so I haven't brushed my teeth or changed out of my pjs yet. And, I feel like a goober! HAHA I'm not trying to whine, I promise; I just think so many people think they want to work from home, but IT'S STILL WORK! Needless to say, I won't be posting any shots of my "work" outfit today ;) I will, however, be eating lunch outside with me mum, which sounds quite lovely.

I also wanted to use this chance to explain why I've been posting my clothing inspiration and inspiration in action. First off, I know that the only people reading this are five of my closest friends and family (thank you for the support)! It's not like I'm dooce.com or lovemaegan.com where thousands of people wake up each morning dying to hear what I say and do! Waiting on bated breath for my first 'morning!' (Someday maybe? We can all dream!)

But I am actively trying to figure out how to be happy, and I believe that I'm the only one who can make that happen. So, right now, what makes me happy is feeling healthy (exercising and eating right), indulging in moderation (Berger cookies, anyone?), feeling stylish at work and play, finding a creative outlet (ehem, BLOGGERS UNITE), and sharing love with my friends and family (last but certainly not least).



I'm going to have to read that darned book, the Happiness Project, aren't I? Oh the horror that my mom is right...AGAIN!

Anyway, just thought I'd put all that on the table. There's a lot of commentary about how blogs are self-absorbed and unrealistic and, yes, some of that is true. But I want to use this as more of a journal and journEY of how to find my happy again. One day at a time.

Also, want to give a shout out to the five people who read this blog for helping me through the past year. I can't thank you enough for helping me get to this point where I can start to grow as me again. Love you all!

Love,
Stephanie Marie

PS. What makes you happy? Suggestions are ALWAYS welcome!

Picture courtesy of pinterest.

2 comments:

  1. So happy that you are on your way to happy again.. Also thrilled I mde the cut! Do Heath bars still make you happy? Kath

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but they also make me feel guilty for eating them :P

    ReplyDelete