Friday, August 26, 2011

Inspiration in Action

I've had grand plans for this outfit for a few weeks now, but I haven't had the energy to do a DIY for my bow belt. I was thinking of using an old faux leather belt to create the bow (something like this). The other idea I had was to use felt to create a belt (something like this but maybe in felt). Anyway, none of that happened. So this morning, when I needed something to wear for work, I decided to go for the look and tie a scarf into a bow. Similar look, but I love the structure of the one in the photo inspiration, which my scarf lacks. Otherwise, I'm pretty satisfied to be wearing this on the last day of work before Hurricane Irene!

I feel like this is the calm before the storm, the hurry up and wait for her to arrive, the run to the store for batteries because if we all buy them we won't need them. This will be my first hurricane in years, so it should be interesting. On the West Coast, we used to have hurricane parties where we'd sit in front of the TV with a drink watching Geraldo's hair flop around. It was pretty funny. Here, not as enticing, since you know we're in the "cone of uncertainty" :)

Like most people on the East Coast, I'm hoping for the best and expecting the worst. In my case, that means that I have a ton of plans for this weekend (crabs outside with Tara who's in town, drinking in downtown Annapolis with Annie and fam, hiking in Calvert with Teresa), but just in case, I've made a list of indoor activities to do too:

  • Clean room (including putting my clothes away. blah)
  • Scrape border off of bathroom wall
  • Sew new skirt with some Caribbean ikat fabric (must go to Jo-Ann's tonight!)
  • Run on the treadmill
  • Give myself a mani/pedi
  • Watch last episode of Bones on my DVD from Netflix (PS. two episodes on one DVD? Really, Netflix?)
  • Finish The Historian. O.M.G. this book is loooooooong.

Whatever you end up doing this weekend: Be safe, friends!

Love,
Stephanie Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment