Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Inspiration in Action: Outfit Gamble


I watched "What Happens in Vegas" again last night. I just love Joy's outfits! One of the girls in a party scene (super quick shot of her) wore a color combo like this and I wanted to recreate it for work today. Loving me some cobalt blue and eggplant (I just layered two tanks under a gray cardi for the look). Can you see my feather headband too?

Thought I'd let you see what I'm mulling around for my canvas quote for the kitchen. Here are my top three picks right now. Which do you like the best? I want it to fill up the canvas, but I guess I could always get a smaller canvas for a smaller quote, eh?


1. Eating with the fullest pleasure – pleasure, that is, that does not depend on ignorance – is perhaps the profoundest enactment of our connection with the world. In this pleasure we experience and celebrate our dependence and our gratitude, for we are living from mystery, from creatures we did not make and powers we cannot comprehend. —–Wendell Berry

2. Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends, worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing.
Jerome K. Jerome
Three Men in a Boat
3. Here's to the corkscrew - a useful key to unlock the storehouse of wit, the treasury of laughter, the front door of fellowship, and the gate of pleasant folly.
W.E.P. French
(From the wine list of Commander's Palace in New Orleans, LA courtesy of John McDonald, Dallas, TX)


Love,
Stephanie Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment