Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday Musings: January 23, 2012

I only have this one photo from my weekend. I made my own vinaigrette for dinner Friday. Yum! Mostly because I spent most of my time in bed reading P&P (Pride and Prejudice to you). I also watched the Ravens game and the latest episode of Downton Abbey. Lots of indoor activities. Anyway, thought it would be fun to share some thoughts today instead of photos.

Random thoughts for Monday, January 23, 2012 (crap, it's almost February!):

1. Have you noticed how all of my photos in my home are really dark? Well, it took me two weeks of living in my new apartment to remember that my bedroom/living room light switch has a dimmer on it. I couldn't figure out why it was so DARK in there, and then the other night a light bulb went off ;)
2. Am I the only one who has three of everything? I buy four, of course, but always seem to break at least one. So, please, come over and have a glass of champagne with me...as long as there are only three of us. Same for beer...and tons of other glass items. Klutz.
3. Even I know that you're supposed to wipe off your entire car of snow and ice. Come on, people! Flying chunks of ice on the freeway is not OK!
4. Brunch with your dad is fab :) Please go out and have brunch with your dad. You won't regret it.
5. Hand-me-downs are the BOMB! I just got a box full of Calphalon pans from our family friends. I'm looking forward to making stir fry and eggs on a pan not a pot.
6. Sometimes reading the book is just as good as watching the movie. After a few weeks of Downton Abbey, I've been in the mood for more British entertainment. And when I couldn't get my DVD player to open, I decided that I should give up and read Pride and Prejudice instead of watch it. Capital. Capital.
7. I thought I heard gun shots on Saturday night, but I guess I was wrong (here's a scary view of Baltimore for you...don't click this, Mom: http://crimebaltimore.com/). I live in an area where there are very few icons...on purpose. I'm happy to be wrong about gunshots any day of the week!
8. I've been sad about being alone the past few days. I think it's mostly because the things that I remember about he-who-shall-not-be-named are things I see through rose-colored glasses (thanks for that reminder, Simone). It's funny; most of our relationship was crap, but those moments of bliss are the ones I remember. And the moments of bliss are the every-day things like having coffee on the back deck or taking the dogs for a walk around the neighborhood. The good thing is that I know when I find the right person, I'll have that bliss and then some.
9. I'm not a Ravens fan, but I was rooting for them this weekend to have a family city Super Bowl. Oh well, Lou and Jen got their Giants. Looks like I'll be stuck with rooting for the Pats ;)
10. I.love.green onions! I never thought I'd say that, but seriously, these little guys are so good on so many things. Plus I think they're pretty. New favorite thing!

Did you have an indoor kind of weekend, too?

Love,
Stephanie Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment