Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Relax, DIY It


Relax, don't do it. When you want to go through it. Relax, don't do it. When you want to come. Bum BUM! PS. My great aunt's name was Frankie :)

I'm keeping up the string of wonderful days! Winter, be damned! Yesterday, I had an appointment in Annapolis, so afterwards my mom and I decided to use our Groupons for 60-minute massages in downtown. It was lovely. You forget anything that might be troubling you over the course of 60 minutes of relaxing. Even just sitting by a fire with a good book would cure the soul for an evening. While waiting for my mom to finish her massage, I stopped by Annapolis Coffee and Tea, Co. for a chai tea latte and some P&P. If I lived in Annapolis, I'd be there every night. I just love being in coffee/book shops.We rounded out the evening with dinner with dad at California Tortilla. It was really a great night spending time with my family...definitely a great reason to be living in Maryland again :)

While I was there, my parents mentioned they were going to get rid of a little side table/lamp that they've had for years. So now that I've claimed said table for future use, I've been thinking about how I want to make it work for my space. It's currently a redish wood with bronze neck holding a cream shade. I think I might paint the wood white, spray the neck oil-rubbed bronze (ORB as Younghouselove.com calls it), and the shade will either stay cream or get sprayed a robyn's egg blue or covered in lace. My inspiration for this feel is in the photo I spotted over at "Garden and Gun Magazine." I just love the mix of the rustic, white, and a hint of color.

What do you think? Girlie yet natural, right? I hope so, since that's what I'm going for. Do you have any crafts in the making?

Love,
Stephanie Marie

Photo courtesy of Garden and Gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment